One of my favourite breakfasts on a lazy Sunday morning is probably these delicious banana pancakes, that takes no more than 15 minutes to prepare. Beside the easy and quick preparation process, it is as healthy as a pancake could be with its handful of ingredients.
I love substituting plain white flour with oat or oat flour wherever I can – and these banana pancakes are the best example for that. Sometimes I cannot believe how – literally – 6 ingredients (if we do not count the optional ones) can create a super fluffy and delicious breakfast food.
Creativity also plays a significant role when it comes to this gorgeousness, as you can add as many toppings as you like, the list is infinite: fresh fruit, yoghurt, maple syrup, cottage cheese, honey, nuts, jam, homemade fruit sauces, any kind of nut butter and the list goes on and on.
This morning I added some greek style coconut yoghurt, a splash of maple syrup (I usually use honey), blueberries, banana and some goji berries. Probably I do not have to tell you how insanely satisfying it was with my morning coffee.
I highly recommend to try this one out, it will definitely not disappoint.
Ingredients (for 4-5 mini pancakes):
- 1 banana
- 1 egg
- 1 cup of oat (80 grams)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp coconut oil (you can add melted butter instead)
- Splash of milk
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon (optional)
- Vanilla extract (optional)
- I usually use a blender to mix everything together, and I would highly recommend this if you wish to achieve a very smooth batter.
- Add all ingredients into the blender and mix it well together. I always add a little bit of milk first, as I do not want a very runny batter. Add more milk if needed to get the right consistency.
- When it is done, heat up a non-stick pan on medium heat. Add a little bit of butter or coconut oil to the pan until it melts. Pour the batter into the pan and wait until little bubbles start to form on the top before you flip your pancakes.
- Stack the pancakes on a plate and add your toppings. Again, be as creative as possible here, that will make these pancakes even more delicious.
As I told you, it is extremely easy and quick to make, and I promise it will disappear from your plate even quicker!
Enjoy and until next time,
Nora from My Honeycomb Kitchen