Couscous is an excellent option if you are bored of the usual side dishes such as rice, roasted veggies and other grains. You can add a variety of ingredients to prepare hundred different dishes, you can serve it cold or warm, combine it with meat, fish, chicken, tofu, hearty veggies, herbs and spices.
This time I had lots of herbs in my fridge, so decided to use them somehow and ended up making this delicious side dish with my oven-baked salmon for lunch.
Healthy, nutritious, tasty and easy to make – have a look at the details below!
Ingredients (serves 2):
- 130 g couscous
- 260 ml boiling water
- 15 g coriander (chopped)
- 15 g mint (chopped)
- 80-100 g pomegranate seeds
- 1 lemon (juice only)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp white vine vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- Place the couscous in a bowl and add the boiling water. Stir and cover, leave it for 10 minutes.
- Transfer the couscous into a larger bowl if needed, and add the remaining of the ingredients. Mix well and add a little bit of salt and ground pepper to the top before serving. And done!
- You can also add chopped parsley into the mix, it will be delicious!
- Instead of white vine vinegar, you can also use apple cider vinegar
Enjoy and until next time,
Nora from My Honeycomb Kitchen