Quick, easy, zesty and delicious – if you like sweets that can be described with these four words, you will definitely need to try these delicious – and kind of refreshing – Lemon Cookies.
It is important to emphasise that you chill the dough before trying to roll them into balls and coating them in powdered sugar, otherwise it will be too sticky. If you still find it challenging to work with, you can always add a little bit of flour to the mix.
But let’s jump into it and see how these beauties are done!
- 2 cups of plain white flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 lemon (zest and juice)
- 1/2 cup softened unsalted butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 powdered sugar
- In a large bowl, mix together the sugar and lemon zest.
- Add the butter to the mix, and mix it well until becomes light and fluffy.
- Add the vanilla extract, lemon juice and egg and mix them well.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt, and add to the sugar and egg mix. Mix until well combined.
- To portion the cookie dough, use a tablespoon to scoop the dough into the tray lined with parchment paper. You will need to chill the dough for approximately 15-30 minutes before being able to work with.
- Pre-heat the oven to 180C (fan).
- After chilling, roll the dough into balls, then into powdered sugar. Place them on the tray lined with parchment paper, leaving space between them.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Do not over bake the cookies. Leave them cool down completely for 10-15 minutes. Store in airtight container for up to 5 days.
Enjoy and until next time,
Nora from My Honeycomb Kitchen