Friday lunch means fish of any kind – my big favourite is definitely salmon, but I like to switch it up time to time, and this delicious cod with tomato sauce and thyme is definitely a winner!
What I love about it is that it is done in 30 minutes, so I can prepare it in my lunch break (when working from home) and no need to meal prep the day before. I usually serve it with boiled rice or pasta, but once I baked home made potato wedges and it was lovely as well.
Ingredients (2 people):
- 300 g cod (or any other white fish)
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 300 g tomato passata or 1 can chopped tomato (the consistency will be a bit different, but the taste is very similar)
- 1 tsp fresh thyme
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 lemon (juice only) – optional
- Salt and pepper
- Heat up the olive oil and cook the onion on medium heat until soften and golden brown. Add the garlic and thyme and cook for another 1 minute.
- Add the tomato passata, 2/3 of the parsley, salt and pepper and let it shimmer for 8-10 minutes, until the sauce has thickened a bit.
- Place the cod fillets carefully into the sauce, keep the heat on medium and cover. Cook for 10-12 minutes.
- Remove the cover and squeeze half of a lemon on top, and sprinkle it with the remaining parsley.
- Serve it with pasta, rice, fresh bread or bulgur.
I hope you enjoy this healthy recipe – it is definitely worth to try if you are looking for a fish recipe!
Until next time,
Nora from My Honeycomb Kitchen