Muffins are always an easy and quick solution when I am in a need of baking something sweet for breakfast or as a snack in the afternoon. I usually have all the ingredients at home for the batter and – the beauty of muffins is that you can add any kind of fruits (or veggies) depending on your preference or what is at home at that moment.
What makes this recipe special is the fluffy oatmeal that you add to the batter. Super delicious, done within an hour and lasts for few days in an airtight container in your fridge. I used blueberries in this recipe, but you can use any other kind of berries, apple, banana, pear, peach or cherries.
Ingredients (12 muffins):
- 240 ml milk (or plant based alternative)
- 80 g oats
- 150 g white or whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 115 g unsalted butter or coconut oil (I used half-half), melted
- 100 ml honey or maple syrup
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 200 g fresh blueberries
- Pour the milk in a bowl and add the oats. Set aside for 20 minutes.
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the melted butter/coconut oil, egg, honey/maple syrup, vanilla.
- Add the flour mix to your egg mix, and combine well. Add the soaked oats (with the milk) as well as the blueberries. Mix gently until well combined.
- Pre-heat the oven to 170C (fan).
- Place the muffin cases in the tin and fill them 2/3 full.
- Bake the muffins for approximately 30 minutes or until golden brown.
Enjoy and until next time,
Nora from My Honeycomb Kitchen