Who can say no to a delicious, creamy and easy risotto recipe… It needs a handful of ingredients and the slow cooker does the job for you, without standing by the oven for hours. Perfect as a light lunch or dinner, or served as a starter before the main course.
You can find the instructions if you do not have a slow cooker under “Tips” below. We be equally delicious, but will require a bit more of your time.
Hope you will enjoy it!
Ingredients (serves 4):
- 200 g Arborio rice
- 2 bell peppers (diced)
- A bunch of spring onions (finely cut)
- 1 garlic cloves (finely cut)
- 600 ml chicken or vegetable stock
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 125 ml single cream
- 75 g grated parmesan cheese
- Combine the rice, pepper, spring onion, garlic, olive oil and stock in the slow cooker. Cook it on high for 2,5 hours or on low for 5 hours.
- Add the cream and parmesan cheese before serving. Serve it with extra parmesan cheese and freshly ground black pepper.
- Preparation: Do not worry, if you do not have a slow cooker, you can definitely prepare it without one. To do that, heat up a pan with the olive oil, add the spring onion and garlic and stir it frequently until they become golden brown. Add the pepper and cook it for 5 minutes. Add the rice and combine it well together. Gradually add the stock to the rice until well absorbed. Add the cream and the parmesan cheese at the end before serving.
- Cream: You can use plant-based cream as well to meet your dietary requirements. I love using the Alpro Single Soya Alternative to Cream, you will not notice the difference.
- Rice: Obviously, the Arborio rice is specifically for making risotto. In order to have that creamy texture, you will need to use this kind of rice. However, I prepared this risotto with brown rice multiple times and the taste is very much the same.
- Serving: If you wish to have it as lunch or dinner, I recommend serving it with some kind of protein – such as grilled fish, roasted chicken or any plant-based alternative.
Enjoy and until next time,
Nora from My Honeycomb Kitchen