If you like fish, slightly spicy food and would like to prepare something extremely delicious, nutritious but you don’t have much time, I cannot recommend this gorgeous Goan Fish Curry enough.
For me it is the perfect hearty lunch or dinner on a cold, gloomy and rainy winter day. Done within an hour and I love that all the ingredients can be found in most of the supermarkets – no need to look for anything in specialty stores. I found it also very easy to prepare, so even if you are a beginner in the kitchen, do not worry – you will succeed!
Ingredients (4 people):
- 350 g cod fillet
- 2 limes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, grated
- 5 cm fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 2 green chillies, deseeded and finely chopped
- 3 bay leaves
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 400 ml canned coconut cream
- 400 ml water
- 100 g green beans
- 1 can of chickpeas
- 4 tbsp tomato puree
- 150 g baby spinach
- salt and black pepper
- Place the fish on a plate and add some salt on both sides. Squeeze the juice of 1 lime on the fish and set aside.
- In a large pan, heat the oil on medium heat. Add the onion, garlic, ginger and chillies, and let them sweat for 5-6 minutes.
- Add the turmeric and the coconut cream, mix well. Add the water and simmer for 7-8 minutes.
- Cut the fish into 3 cm cubes and add them to the pan together with the lime juice. Also add the green beans and cook on low heat for 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, add the chickpeas and the tomato puree to a pan, and cook it for 2 minutes on medium heat. Add the spinach and cook for 3 minutes. Add it to the curry, stir gently and cook for another 2 minutes. Remove the bay leaves before serving.
- Serve it on its own with fresh lime juice on top or add brown rice as a side.
Hope you enjoy this amazing recipe!
Until next time,
Nora from My Honeycomb Kitchen