If you have read some of my previous posts you know by now that I love desserts with lemon. So it is not surprising that I am sharing this amazing Lemon Cheesecake Bar recipe with you. Delicious, very easy to prepare and does not require a ton of ingredients compared to similar recipes. The preparation time is very quick, but you will need to refrigerate it for an hour or two for the perfect consistency.
You can add berries, caramel or white chocolate on top, however, I usually prefer simple desserts so I skipped the toppings.
For the crust:
- 8 digestive biscuit (or similar), crushed
- 3 tablespoon of melted butter or coconut oil
For the filling:
- 360 g full-fat cream cheese
- 100 g brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 lemon (zest and juice)
- Pre-heat the oven to 165C.
- Mix the crushed biscuit and melted butter, and place it in a small baking tray lined with parchment paper and pat in gently. Bake it for 10 minutes until golden brown.
- While the crust is baking, prepare the cream cheese filling. Put the cream cheese in a large bowl or the bowl of your mixer and blend it until smooth. Add the sugar, eggs, lemon zest and juice and mix it until well combined.
- Pour the filling on top of the crust and bake it for 30 minutes.
- Cool it down completely, then put it in the fridge for minimum of 1 hour, but preferably 2 hours. Cut it into small bars and it is time to enjoy!
- Sugar: I added 100 g sugar to the filling and it ended up moderately sweet. You could potentially reduce the sugar to 70-80 g if you prefer the bars to be a more zesty and enjoy tartness.
- Topping: Add crushed berries or any kind of topping if you wish. However, I highly recommend trying it on its own first, it will not disappoint.
Enjoy and until next time,
Nora from My Honeycomb Kitchen